Ok so you want to learn about Python and Django.
First off understand the difference between Django and other languages.
Lets take Java Vs Python, read this article.
The official site http://www.djangoproject.com/.
- Getting started with Django.
- showmedo.com, videos of Django.
- The Django Book
- Django Dose
- Python411, find the gems, they are in there! (More podcasts)
- Eclipse for Django
Best tools for Django.
Best plugins are
- Theme – Soda
– Control + Command + P – switching between different projects
– Command + / – commenting/uncommenting
– Command + ] – Indent
– Command + [ – Unindent
– Control + Command + Up – move selected line up
– Control + Command + Down – move selected line down
– Command + Number – switches to an open tab. Command + 1 goes to the 1st tab, Command + 2 – 2nd tab, etc.
– Shift + Command + F – searches through the whole project
– Shift + Control + K – deletes selected code or line
I do a lot of work in the Eclipse IDE.
Here are a few of my tips using that IDE–
Getting autocomplete in eclipse with the PyDev plugin, press the following sequence of keys:
f [control] [space]
(I’ll do my best to keep this post updated.)