Below are great tips and on finding information on employment, feel free to contact me on LinkedIn if you want to add anything to this list.
Posting jobs at Schools
Must Follow on Twitter
Jobs Search Tools
- dribbble designer jobs
- Startup Digest Jobs
- 37signals Job Listings
- Mashable Job Listings
- The Ladders 100k+ jobs
- LI Newsday, CareerBuilder
- Stony Brook
- Career Center (only for Stony Brook Alumni)
- GeoWeb (not sure if good)
- Jobster (not sure if good)
- Careers Stackoverflow, just post your resume if you are in IT, the companies come to you:-)
- LinkedIn, contact the recruiters, e.g.: google recruiters give them a call.
Job Market Information
Corporate Jobs, I listed a few. You can always look up more info on companies on LinkedIn.
- Jobs in NY
- Capital One
- Citigroup Campus Recruitment Website
- Computer Associates
- Ernst and Young
- Mount Sinai
- Northrop Grumman
Web Jobs, to name just a few…
- Job fair listings in ny
- Women For Hire
- Meetups, I consider meetups to be somewhat of a great place to find you next gig.
- Handling Getting Fired
- Brainbench Test
- 12 tips for making small talk
- How to Ruin Your Work Reputation Slowly
Head Hunders … I highly recommend you work with a few head hunters when looking for you next job.
- Continuity Partners Inc., I highly recommend them for people in tech.
- LinkedIn, has a ton of head hunters.
- NextNY Tech Headhunter Recommendations
Interview Questions, do your research and read up on some interview questions.
- Java Interview Questions
- Java Singleton Design Patterns, just an example on a something that techie trying to get a Java job should read up on
Have job related questions? Check out careeroverflow.com
And of course there are jobs as well at drchrono.com.
Some hard programming tests from some of the best companies:
If you are looking to find people, check this out as well talentbin